Рекомендуем:Почему я выбрал профессую экономиста
Почему одни успешнее, чем другие
Периферийные устройства ЭВМ
Нейроглия (или проще глия, глиальные клетки)
Exercise 10. Open the brackets. Translate
1) One day before admission to the hospital, the patient (to discontinue) his daily consumption of alcohol.
2) Two days ago his temperature (to be) 37.4°C.
3) The treatment for alcoholism (to include) both medication and psychotherapy.
4) Recent research (to show) a high risk of alcohol problems among medical students.
5) The organization Alcoholics Anonymous (to found) in 1935.
6) Alcoholism (to characterize) by an increased tolerance to and physical dependence on alcohol.
7) A complex mixture of genetic and environmental factors (to influence) the risk of the development of alcoholism.
8) Tomorrow students (to visit) the toxicology department in the hospital.
Exercise 11. Choose the correct words to describe the term “alcohol dependence”. Complete the definition on your own
1) Alcohol dependence is an acute/a chronic disease, caused by heavy alcohol drinking.
2) It is characterized by a craving to drink/ problems at home, environmental factors/withdrawal symptoms, tolerance to alcohol/ alcohol detoxification.
3) Alcohol dependence is treated by medication and psychotherapy/in a mental hospital only.
*Exercise 12. Read the article to get the general idea. Answer the questions after it. What do you think about the problem of drinking among students?
1) What problem was research devoted to?
2) How many medical students were surveyed?
3) How many students responded?
4) What factors contribute to alcohol abuse among medical students?
Завдання для самостійної роботи студентів
ANOREXIA AND BULIMIA