Змістовий Модуль 1: Студент та його родина
Практичне заняття №1
Тема заняття: Знайомство з групою, перевірка отриманих раніше знань.
1. Знайомство з групою.
2. Ознайомлення з майбутньою роботою.
3. Написання контрольної роботи (вхідний контроль).
1. Практичне заняття № 2 (написати та підготувати до усної презентації твір “About Myself and My Family” (за зразком у 2 практичному).
2. Опрацювати граматичний матеріал.
3. Опрацювати текст за профілем.
Практичне заняття №2
Тема заняття: Сімейне коло студента.
1. Прочитати та перекласти текст “ About Myself and My Family”.
to introduce oneself— знайомити з кимось
to leave school— закінчувати школу
handsom— вродливий (про чоловіка)
to work overtime— працювати понаднормово
to be fond of—подобатися, вподобати
pretty—вродлива (про жінку)
smart— добре вдягнений, вишуканий
senior— старший, старше
tobemarried— бути одруженим
nephew— племінник, небіж
to be retired— бути на пенсії
About Myself and My Family
Before I start talking about my family let me introduce myself. I am Sveta Petrenko. I am 17. I left school in June. I was born in Kyiv, and I have been living in Kyiv since my childhood.
And now I am going to tell you about my family. We are a family of five. We think we are a large and friendly family. So we are happy to be living together and are getting on all right.
To begin with, I am going to talk about my father. His name is Serhiy, he is 45. He works as a surgeon at a hospital. He is neither old, nor young. He is a good-looking man, handsome, rather thin with dark brown hair just beginning to go grey. He is a very sociable person. What I don't like about my dad is that he is always busy. Very often he works overtime. He is a breadwinner in our family. He is fond of going to the country at weekends, because he enjoys working in the garden.
My mother's name is Halyna. She is three years younger than my father. She works as a teacher at a nursery school. My mother is rather slim and pretty, she is always elegant and smart. In short, she is a pleasant-looking woman of about 40. She always has a lot of work to do both at school and about the house. She is fond of her work and spends a lot of time there. But she has to cook the food for the whole family at home. Shopping and cooking is nearly half a day's work for her. But my granny and I are in the habit of helping her about the house.
Boris is my elder brother. He is six years senior to me. So he is 23 already. He has graduated from university and he is an economist by profession now. Boris is married. His wife is a journalist. They have got a child, my nephew. He is a lovely little boy of two with golden hair and dark brown eyes and a spirit that is always bright and happy, full of joy and gaiety.
And finally a few words about my granny. To tell you the truth, she is my best friend. She always listens to my endless stories about my friends and my school life. She is retired now but in her youth and her older age she worked as a teacher in school. I must admit, she is a very understanding person.
To put it into a few words, we are a united and friendly family.
mother /mum—мати (мама)
father /dad— батько (тато)
grandfather— дід, дідусь
grandparents— дід і баба
nephew— племінник, небіж
niece— племінниця, небога
cousin— двоюрідний брат (двоюрідна сестра)
2. Вставте пропущені слова, використовуючи текст“ AboutMyself and MyFamily”
1. I was born in __________________.
2.We are a family of ____________________.
3.We are happy to be living together and are ___________________ onall right.
4. My father is a very _________________ person.
5. My father often works____________________.
6. He is the ___________________________in our family.
7. My mother is rather _________________and _______________ she is always elegant and smart.
8. She is a ___________________ woman of about 40.
9. She is _____________________ of her work and always spends a lotof time there.
10.Shopping and ____________________ is nearly half a day's work forher.
11.I have a habit of __________________ her about thehouse.
12. Boris is my _________________ brother.
13. He has already _______________ university.
14. They have got a child, my _________________________.
15. It is a lovely little child of two with ________________ hairand dark blue eyes.
16.My granny always listens to my _______________________ stories about myschool life.
17. My granny used to work as a teacher in school, but she is ona ______________ now.
18. I must admit, she is a very ___________________ person.
Робота над текстом за професійним спрямуванням.
Ex. 1. Read and translate the following text. Prepare for a discussion.