Электрогитара Fender: Эти статьи описывают создание цельнокорпусной, частично-полой и полой электрогитар...
Универсальный восьмиосный полувагона: Передний упор отлит в одно целое с ударной розеткой. Концевая балка 2 сварная, коробчатого сечения. Она состоит из...
Транспортировка раненого в укрытие: Тактика действий в секторе обстрела, когда раненый не подает признаков жизни...
I WISH / IF ONLY EXERCISES
Упражнение 32. Put the verbs given in brackets into the correct form.
Упражнение 33. Раскроите скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму сослагательного наклонения после «I wish».
Упражнение 34. Подчеркните верный вариант.
1) I wish he... (will get/got/would get) on better with his parents.
2) I wish you... (stopped/will stop/ would stop) talking at the lessons.
3) I wish I... (have/ had/had had) more money.
4) If only I... (was having / have had / had had) the chance to study when I was younger.
5) If only I... (would keep / kept / had kept) my appointment with the dentist yesterday. I wouldn't have toothache now.
6) If only you... (will/would/ wouldn't) make less noise.
7) I wish I ... (had been / hadn't been / weren't) disappointed after such an inspiring speech yesterday.
8) If only you ... (had been / would be / were) tolerant of each other's moods in your family! You would get on better.
9) I wish I... (had learnt / learnt / have learnt) to trust my own judgments in my childhood.
УПРАЖНЕНИЯ НА СРАВНЕНИЕ УПОТРЕБЛЕНИЯ УСЛОВНЫХ ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИЙ РАЗНЫХ ВИДОВ
Упражнение 35 Раскрывая скобки, напишите каждое предложение три раза, образуя условные предложения I, II и III типов.
« E.g. If you (to be)free, I (to come)to see you. if you arefree, I shall cometo see you. If you werefree, I shouldcome to see you. If you had beenfree, I should have come to see you.
If I (to see)her, I (to be)glad. If I seeher, I shall beglad. If I sawher, I should beglad. If I had seen her, I should have beenglad.
1. If my friend (to come) to see me, I (to be) very glad. 2. If mother (to buy) a cake, we (to have) a very nice tea party. 3. If we (to receive) a telegram from him, we (not to worry). 4. If you (not to work) systematically, you (to fail) the examination. 5. If you (to be) busy, I (to leave) you alone. 6. If I (to live) in Moscow, I (to visit) the Tretyakov Gallery every year. 7. If I (to get) a ticket, I (to go) to the Philharmonic. 8. If I (to live) near a wood, I (to gather) a lot of mushrooms. 9. If my father (to return) early, we (to watch) TV together. 10.If she (to know) English, she (to try) to enter the university.
Упражнение 36 Перепишите каждое из следующих предложений дважды, образуя предложения нереального условия: а) относящиеся к настоящему или будущему (II тип), относящиеся к прошедшему (Ш тип).
1. They will all be surprised if I make such a mistake. 2. If he doesn't come in time, shall we have to Wait for him? 3. If I am not too busy, I shall go to the concert. 4. If no one comes to help, we shall be obliged to do the work ourselves. 5. If you put on your glasses, you will see better. 6. What shall we do if they are late? 7. Will you be very angry if we don't come? 8. Will he be very displeased if I don't ring him up?
Упражнение 37. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующейся форме.
1. If he were not such an outstanding actor, he (not to have) so many admirers. 2. If you (to give) me your address, I shall write you a letter. 3. If she (not to be) so absent-minded, she would be a much better student. 4. If my sister does not go to the south, we (to spend) the summer in St. Petersburg together. 5. If they (not to go) to Moscow last year, they would not have heard that famous musician. 6. If you (not to get) tickets for the Philharmonic, we shall stay at home. 7. If you were not so careless about your health, you (to consult) the doctor. 8. I should be delighted if I (to have) such a beautiful fur coat. 9. If it (to rain), we shall have to stay at home. 10. If he (to work) hard, he would have achieved great progress. 11. If it is not too cold, I (not to put) on my coat. 12.1 (to write) the composition long ago if you had not disturbed me. 13. If he (not to read) so much, he would not be so clever. 14. If my friend (to be) at home, he will tell us what to do.
Упражнение 38. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующейся форме.
1. If you (not to buy) coffee, we shall drink tea. 2. If he is free tomorrow, he certainly (to come) to our party. 3. My brother would not have missed so many lessons if he (not to hurt) his leg. 4. If my friend (to work) in my office, we should meet every day. 5. If you spoke English every day, you (to improve) your language skills. 6. If you get a "five", your mother (to be) happy. 7. If she (to return) earlier, she would have been able to see him before he left. 8. If these shoes were not too big for me, I (to buy) them. 9. If you (to ring) me up, I shall tell you a secret. 10.If you (to be) a poet, you would write beautiful poetry. 11.If he did not read so much, he (not to know) English literature so well. 12.If he (to come) to our house yesterday, he would have met his friend. 13.If he (not to pass) his examination, he will not get a scholarship. 14.If she (not to help) me, I should have been in a very difficult situation. 15.My father would have more free time if he (not to read) so many newspapers. 16.If only you had let me know, I (to go) there immediately. 17. If I were a famous singer, I (to get) a lot of flowers every day.
Упражнение 39. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующейся форме.
1. If my brother (to be) in trouble, I shall help him, of course. 2. If I don't manage to finish my report today, I (to stay) at home tomorrow. 3. If she were more careful about her diet, she (not to be) so stout. 4. You would not feel so bad if you (not to smoke) too much. 5. If he (to learn) the poem, he would not have got a bad mark. 6. If you gave me your dictionary for a couple of days, I (to translate) this text. 7. If I (to be) a musician, I should be very happy. 8. If Barbara (to get) up at half past eight, she would have been late for school. 9. If you had not put the cup on the edge of the table, it (not to get) broken. 10.1 should be very glad if he (to come) to my place. 11.If he (to live) in St. Petersburg, he would go to the Hermitage every week. 12. If you (to go) to the theatre with us last week, you would have enjoyed the evening. 13.You won't understand the rule if you (not to listen) to the teacher. 14. If he weren't such a bookworm, he (not to spend) so much time sitting in the library. 15. I should not have bought the car if my friend (not to lend) me money. 16. If he did not live in St. Petersburg, we (not to meet) so often. 17. If he had warned me, I (to do) the work in time.
Упражнение 40. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующейся форме.
1. If I (to have) this rare book, I should gladly lend it to you. 2. The dish would have been much more tasty if she (to be) a better cook. 3. He never (to phone) you if I hadn't reminded him to do that. 4. Your brother (to become) much stronger if he took cold baths regularly. 5. If he (to be) more courageous, he would not be afraid. 6. If the fisherman had been less patient, he (not to catch) so much fish. 7. If you (to put) the ice cream into the refrigerator, it would not have melted. 8. If I (to know) the result now, I would phone her immediately. 9. If you had let me know yesterday, I (to bring) you my book. 10. If it (to snow), the children will play snowballs. 11. If I (not to know) English, I should not be able to enjoy Byron's poetry. 12. I (not to do) it if you did not ask me. 13. If men (to have) no weapons, would wars be possible? 14. You will never finish your work if you (to waste) your time like that. 15. If I (to have) his telephone number, I should easily settle this matter with him.
Упражнение 41. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующейся форме.
1. If he reads fifty pages every day, his vocabulary (to increase) greatly. 2. If they (to know) it before, they would have taken measures. 3. If I (to get) this book, I shall be happy. 4. If you really loired music, you (to go) to the Philharmonic much more often. 5. If you had not wasted so much time, you (not to miss) the train. 6. If you (not to miss) the train, you would have arrived in time. 7. You (not to miss) the teacher's explanation if you had arrived in time. 8. You would have understood the rule if you (not to miss) the teacher's explanation. 9. If you (to understand) the rule, you would have written the paper successfully. 10. If you had written the paper successfully, you (not to get) a "two". 11. Your mother (not to scold) you if you had not got a "two". 12. If your mother (not to scold) you, you would have felt happier. 13. If she (to ask) me yesterday, I should certainly have told her all about it. 14. If you (to do) your morning exercises every day, your health would be much better. 15. If he is not very busy, he (to agree) to go to the museum with us. 16. If I (not to be) present at the lesson, I should not have understood this difficult rule.
Упражнение 42.Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующейся форме.
1. If it (to rain) tomorrow, our game will be cancelled. 2. If a dog (to bite) in her leg, she would go straight to hospital. 3. If he had known it was going to rain, he (to take) his umbrella to work today. 4. If only I (to have) more pocket money, I could buy some new English books. 5. If she hadn't missed the bus, she (not to be) late for work. 6. If I (to live) two hundred years ago, I couldn't have spoken on the telephone. 7. If my daughter did her homework carefully, she (to get) much better marks. She's really a smart little girl. 8. If his friend (to be) in the mood to see a film, they would have gone to the cinema last night. 9. If my cactus plant (not to have) a rare disease, it wouldn't have died. 10. If they had remembered your address, they (to send) you a postcard. 11. If Tom saw a car crash, he (to telephone) the police and (to help) the people in the cars. 12. If you are not sure, what to say, you (to have) to guess. 13. If she (not to be) very ill, she wouldn't have been absent from English class all last week. 14. If my parents had had good seats, they (to enjoy) the play last night. 15. If a robber (to attack) him in a dark street, he would defend himself. 16. If he hadn't been so careless, he (not to fall) into this trap. 17. If you (not to smoke), you would feel more energetic. 18. If her alarm clock (to ring), she would have been on time for work this morning.
Упражнение 43. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующейся форме.
1. If you were on a hijacked plane, you (to attack) the hijackers? 2. If they were on a hijacked plane, they (to stay) calm and probably (to survive). 3. If my friend had been trying harder, he (to succeed). 4. If I (to live) in 1703,1 shouldn't (wouldn't')1 have had a computer.
1В современном английском языке имеется тенденция к употреблению "would" вместо "should" с первым лицом единственного и множественного числа в главном предложении условных придаточных предложений II и III типов. См. Raymond Murphy "Essential Grammar In Use" a book for intermediate students: Unit 38 — If I knew his number, I wouldphone him.
5. If she (to smell) smoke in the middle of the night, she would telephone the fire brigade and run into the street and shout "Fire!" 6. If he (to invite), he would have come to the party last night. 7. If the driver in front hadn't stopped suddenly, the accident (not to happen). 8. If you (not to know) how to play, my sister will explain the rules to you. 9. If she had told them it was her birthday, they (to give) her a birthday present. 10.If I had more time, I (to read) more books. 11. Iftheir TV had been working, they (to watch) the President's speech last night. 12. If my T-shirt hadn't been 100 percent cotton, it (not to shrink) so much. 13. How can you become more popular in your class: if you (to get) the top mark in mathematics or English or if you (to be) good at sports? 14. If they (to go) by car, they would have saved time. 15. If I (to be) a bird, I would1 be able to fly. 16. If he (to bring) his book home, he would have done his homework last night. 17. If my mother (to win) a million pounds, she would spend it as fast as possible. 18. If you had been feeling well, you (to be) in class yesterday.
Упражнение 44. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующейся форме.
1. I am sorry that you do not read English novels; if you (to read) them, I (to lend) you some very interesting ones. 2. You say that you did not read yesterday's papers; if you (to read) them, you (to see) the announcement of Professor X's coming to our town. 3. He is not ill: if he (to be) ill, he (not to play) tennis so much. 4. He was not ill last week: if he (to be) ill, he (not to take) part in the football match. 5. How slippery it is! If it (not to rain), it (not to be) so slippery. 6.1 am glad I was able to attend the lecture yesterday. You (to be) displeased if I (not to come)? 7. Let's take a taxi to the railway station: we have very much luggage. If we (not to have) so much luggage, we (to walk). 8. Stop working and let's go inside: it is too dark. If the evening (not to be) so dark, we (to continue) the work. 9. I don't believe you: you only say that you want to know languages. If you (to be) really interested in languages, you (to study) them.
Упражнение 45. Образуйте условные предложения.
1. Не is busy and does not come to see us. If ... 2. The girl did not study well last year and received bad marks. If ... 3. He broke his bicycle and so he did not go to the country. If ... 4. He speaks English badly: he has no practice. If ... 5. I had a bad headache yesterday, that's why I did not come to see you. If ... 6. The ship was sailing near the coast, that's why it struck a rock. If ... 7. He was not in town, therefore he was not present at our meeting. If ... 8. The pavement was so slippery that I fell and hurt my leg. If ... 9. The sea is rough, and we cannot sail to the island. If ... 10. They made a fire, and the frightened wolves ran away. If ... 11. It is late, and I have to go home. If ... 12. I was expecting my friend to come, that's why I could not go to the cinema with you. If ... 13. He always gets top marks in mathematics because it is his favorite subject and he works a lot at it. If ... 14. I did not translate the article yesterday because I had no dictionary. If ... 15. We lost our way because the night was pitch-dark. If ... 16. The box was so heavy that I could not carry it. That's why I took a taxi. If …
Упражнение 46.Образуйте условные предложения.
1. The travelers had no camera with them, so they could not take photos of the beautiful scenery. If ... 2. There was no sugar left, so we had to go to the shop late in the evening. If ... 3. This house is very nice and comfortable, but it is not very good for living because it is situated close to a chemical plant and the air around is very bad. If ... 4. He is an excellent specialist, but I cannot ask his advice because I am not acquainted with him. If ... 5. You cannot enjoy this merry evening party because you have a toothache. If ... 6. You know the material well enough, but you are very absent-minded, and that's why you always make many mistakes. If ... 7. You did not ring me up, so I did not know you were in trouble. If ... 8. You left the child alone in the room, so he hurt himself. If ... 9. They spent a year in the tropics, so they got very sun-tanned. If ... 10. It rained heavily, so we got drenched to the skin. If ... 11. Why didn't you watch the cat? It ate all the fish. If ... 12. A huge black cloud appeared from behind the forest, so we had to turn back and hurry home. If ... 13. We shall not go to see them because it is very late. If ... 14. Naturally she was angry, because you were in her way. If ...
Упражнение 47. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму сослагательного наклонения после "I wish",
1. The unfortunate pupil wished he (not to forget) to learn the rule. 2. I wish I (to have) a season ticket to the Philharmonic next winter. 3. I wish I (to consult) the teacher when I first felt that mathematics was too difficult for me. 4. Ї love sunny weather. I wish it (to be) warm and fine all the year round. 5. I wish I (not to lend) Nick my watch: he has broken it. 6. I wish you (to send) word as soon as you arrive. 7. I wish I (not to have) to do my homework every day. 8. I wish you (to go) skiing with me yesterday: I had such a good time! 9.1 wish I (to know) Spanish. 10. I wish I (not to drink) so much coffee in the evening: I could not sleep half the night. 11. I wish you (to read) more in future. 12. I wish I never (to suggest) this idea. 13. I wish I (to be) at yesterday's party: it must have been very merry. 14. I wish we (to meet) again next summer. 15. Don't you wish you (to see) that performance before? 16. They wished they (not to see) this horrible scene again.
Упражнение 48. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму сослагательного наклонения после "I wish".
\. I wish I (can) give up smoking. 2. She wishes she (to see) him at yesterday's party. 3. I wish I (to pass) my driving test last Monday. 4. I wish I (not to forget) my friend's birthday yesterday. 5. The boy is sad. He wishes he (not to break) the window. 6. My aunt wishes she (to stay) at home last weekend. 7. He wishes he (to know) something about cars. 8. I wish it (to be) sunny. 9. I wish it (to be) sunny during our picnic last Saturday. 10. She wishes she (to live) in the Crimea. 11. My friend wishes he (not to do) that last, night. 12.1 wish I (to bring) my camera last summer. 13. I wish I (can) tell the future. 14. Do you wish you (to be) in the Guinness Book of Records? 15. Some people wish they (can) appear on a TV game show and become famous. 16. She often wishes things (to be) different.
Упражнение49 Перефразируйте следующие предложения, употребляя "I wish".
• E.g. It's a pity you are ill. I wish you were not ill.
1. Unfortunately they won't return before Christmas. 2. The student was sorry he had not studied the material better and had shown such poor knowledge at the examination. 3. It's a pity that you did not send for us last night. 4. It's a pity you are not with us these days. 5. My friend regrets not having entered the university. 6. He was sorry not to have had enough time to finish his paper. 7. It's a pity we shan't be able to reach home before tea-time. 8.1 am sorry I made you upset by telling you this news. 9. What a pity you don't know enough physics.
Упражнение 50. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя "I wish".
1. а) Жаль, что он такой легкомысленный. б) Жаль, что он не достаточно серьезен.
2. а) Я теперь жалею, что не послушал его совета, б) Я теперь жалею, что последовал его совету.
3. а) Жаль, что вы пришли так поздно. б) Жаль, что вы не пришли пораньше.
4. а) Обидно, что мы ушли до его прихода.
б) Обидно, что мы не дождались его прихода.
5. а) К сожалению, они еще ничего не знают, б) К сожалению, они уже знают об этом.
Упражнение 51. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя "I wish".
1. Ах, если бы вы сказали ей об этом в прошлое воскресенье! 2. Хорошо бы у нас сейчас были каникулы. 3. Если бы он пришел сегодня вечером! 4. Мы пожалели, что не попросили его совета. 5. Жаль, что вы отказались принять участие в пикнике. 6. Жаль, что вас не интересует этот предмет. 7. Мы бы хотели, чтобы вы упомянули эти факты. 8. Жаль, что мы опоздали на поезд. 9. Жаль, что вы включили телевизор так поздно. 10.Если бы я был свободен сейчас! 11.Жаль, что и вчера у меня было мало времени. 12.Хорошо бы вы написали ей об этом сами. 13.Жаль, что вы не обратили внимания на его предупреждение. 14.Он пожалел, что бросил университет. 15.Жаль, что уже поздно идти туда. 16.Ах, если бы я пришел на вокзал вовремя! 17.Жаль, что вы не читали такую прекрасную книгу. 18. Жаль, что она делает так много ошибок в речи. 19.Жаль, что вы не побывали на выставке. 20.Жаль, что я узнал об этом так поздно. 21.Как жаль, что мы не застали Колю дома. 22.Она сожалела, что не рассказала нам эту историю раньше.
Обратите внимание на смешанные случаи употребления времен в условных предложениях
II и III типа
Дата добавления: 2016-12-04; просмотров: 1626 | Нарушение авторских прав