1. He can't play tennis very well now, but he could play tennis well when he was younger.
2.I am not sure but Tom may come to see us tomorrow.
3. You must have a passport to visit most foreign countries.
4. I can't meet you on Friday, I have to work.
5. This film is great, you should go and see it.
IV. ѕрочитайте и письменно переведите 1,3 и 4-й абзацы текста.
1. Britain's economy is based primarily on private enterprise, which accounts for 75 per cent of output and nearly 70 per cent of employment. Just over 2 per cent of the British workforce is engaged in agriculture, a lower proportion than in any other leading industrialized country. Services contribute a growing proportion of production, 65 per cent, while manufacturing accounts for 21 per cent.
2. The Government's economic strategy is centered on keeping the rate of inflation down, within a range of 1 to 4 per cent. As part of this strategy, public spending and borrowing are tightly controlled. At the same time government policy seeks to improve the working of markets and
promote enterprise and efficiency.
3. In some sectors of the economy, a small number of large companies are responsible for a sizable percentage of total production, notably in the vehicle, aerospace and transport equipment industries. Private business concerns account for the greater part of activity in agriculture, manufacturing, constructions, distribution, and financial and miscellaneous service sectors. Banks are the chief source of external finance.
4. Around 250 British industrial companies each have an annual turnover of more than 500 million. British Petroleum is the eleventh largest industrial grouping in the world and the second largest in Europe. Five British firms are among the 25 leading European Community companies.
5. The average manufacturing company is fairly small. Four-fifths employ fewer than 20 people. These make up 10 per cent of the manufacturing workforce. Business employing
more than 1,000 people, 0.4 per cent of all business, account for 55 per cent of employees.
ѕо€снени€ к тексту:
keeping the rate of inflation down - сохранение низкого уровн€ инфл€ции
sizable percentage - значительный процент
V. ѕрочитайте 2-ой абзац текста и вопрос к нему. »з приведенных вариантов ответа укажите номер предложени€, содержащего правильный ответ на поставленный вопрос:
What is tightly controlled by the government?
1. The economic strategy is tightly controlled by the government.
2. The working of the market is tightly controlled by the government.
3. Public spending and borrowing arc tightly controlled by the government.
I. ѕерепишите следующие предложени€, подчеркните в каждом из них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видо-временную форму и залог. ѕереведите предложени€ на русский €зык. ¬ разделе 6) обратите внимание на перевод пассивных конструкций (см. образец выполнени€ I).
1. Last year the economy of the country was immensely successful.
2. The United States produced about 25 per cent of the world's output.
3. Other nations have experienced higher rates of growth in recent years.
1 In this article the country s economy was described as a mixed economy.
2. The majority of productive resources were privately owned.
3. Americans have often been described as pragmatists.
II. ѕерепишите следующие предложени€, подчеркните Participle I и Participle II и установите функции каждого из них те. укажите, €вл€етс€ ли оно определением, или частью глагола-сказуемого. ѕереведите предложени€ на русский €зык (см. образец выполнени€ 2).
1. Successfully transformed the economy will develop rapidly.
2. Having discussed the problem they went back to work again.
3. The expansion of the government's role was written about in the article.
4. The economy based on free enterprise is characterized by private ownership and initiative.