Поездка - Медвежьегорск - Воттовара - Янгозеро: По изначальному плану мы должны были стартовать с Янгозера...
Агроценоз пшеничного поля: Рассмотрим агроценоз пшеничного поля. Его растительность составляют...
Нейроглия (или проще глия, глиальные клетки): Структурная и функциональная единица нервной ткани и он состоит из тела...
Прочтите и устно переведите на русский язык текст. Перепишите и письменно переведите абзацы 1,3,4 и 5
1. Cambridge is situated at the distance of 70 miles from London. The greater part of the town lies on the left bank of the Cam River crossed by several bridges. Cambridge is one of the loveliest towns of England and looks much more like a country town, because it is very green presenting to a visitor a series of old architectural buildings, green trees, gardens, lawns and unique bridges. The dominating factor in the town is its well-known Cambridge University, a center of education and learning, closely associated with the life and thought of Great Britain. Newton, Byron, Darwin, Rutherford and many other scientists and writers studied here.
2. The oldest college is Peterhouse, which was founded in 1284. The most recent is Robinson College opened in 1977. The most famous is probably King’s College because of its magnificent chapel. Its choir of boys and undergraduates is also well-known. The University was only for men until 1871 when the first women’s college was opened. Actually, there are more than twenty colleges in Cambridge.
3. There is a close link between the University and colleges, though they are quite separate in theory and practice. Each college has its own building, internal organization, its own staff and students. In order to enter the university, one must first apply to a college and become a member of the university. The colleges are not connected with any particular study: for example, students studying literature and those trained for physics may belong to one and the same college.
4. However, the fact is that one should be a college member in order to be a member of the University. The colleges are governed by twenty or thirty so called “fellows” who are tutors or teachers, often called “dons”. Each tutor has 10-12 students under his guidance. Tutors teach their own subject to those students in the college who are studying it and they are responsible for their progress. Every college is governed by a dean. Discipline is looked after by proctors and numerous minor officials called “bulldogs”. The university is like a federation of colleges where the courses, the lectures and the examinations are arranged as well as grants degrees.
5. A college is a group of buildings forming a square with a green lawn in the center. A very old tradition doesn’t allow the students to walk on the grass: it is the privilege of professors and headstudents only. Most of the colleges, however, allow visitors to enter the grounds and courtyards. The most popular place from
which to view then is from the Backs, where the college grounds go down to the river Cam. Students study at the University for 4 years, three terms a year. Long vacation lasts about 3 months. There are many libraries at Cambridge; some of them have rare collections of books. In one of them among the earliest books by Shakespeare and other great writers one may see an early description of Russia by an Englishman who was on diplomatic service there in 1591 and a Russian reading book of the 17-th century.
lawn – лужайка, газон
chapel – часовня
choir [kwaiər] – церковный хор
undergraduate – студент
tutor – наставник, руководитель
dean – декан
proctor – инспектор студентов
grant degrees – присуждать ученую степень
backs – лужайки
12. Переведите устно 2 абзац и вопрос к нему. Из приведенных вариантов ответа укажите правильный ответ и выпишите это предложение.
What is college King’s famous for?
1. King’s is famous for its discipline.
2. King’s is the most famous college because of its magnificent chapel.
3. King’s is known as the oldest college in Cambridge University.
1. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, поставив существительные во множественном числе:
1. John will tell you a lot of funny ________ (story) and _____ (joke).
2. I’m afraid of ________ (mouse).
3. The _____________ (scientist) achieved great __________ (result) in this branch of science.
2. Употребите правильно притяжательный падеж, предложения переведите:
1. Peter is married. His wife __ name is Jane.
2. Sally __ last name is White.
3. That’s my sister __ office.
3. Вставьте определенный или неопределенный артикль там, где нужно, и переведите предложения:
1. Last year I visited _____ Mexico and _____ United States.
2. My father went to _____ sea when he was a child.
3. Your shoes are under _____ bed.
4. We had dinner in _____most expensive restaurant in town.
5. She has _____ French name but in fact she’s English, not French.
6. What’s _____ name of that man?
7. We stayed at a very nice hotel. I can’t remember _____ name now.
4. Перепишите предложения и переведите их на русский язык, заполнив пропуски нужной формой прилагательного:
1. I think dogs are ____ than cats.
A) intelligent B) more intelligent C) the most intelligent
2. Don’t talk about them. Let’s talk about something ___________.
A) an interesting B) more interesting C) the most interesting
5. Подчеркните правильный предлог в каждом предложении:
3. What are you looking at / on / to?
4. Our city is 20 meters above / over the sea-level.
6. Выберите один правильный вариант вопроса, подчеркните его и напишите краткий ответ:
A) How many students sits on the stairs?
B) How many students are sitting on the stairs?
C) How many students sitting on the stairs?
D) How many are students sitting on the stairs?
7. Перепишите предложения, раскройте скобки и употребите правильную видо-временную форму глагола, подчеркнув её. Укажите время и залог, затем переведите предложения на русский язык.
Model:My brother (read) an English book now. My brother is reading an English book now.
Present Continuous Active ( перевод пишется справа)
Сейчас мой брат читает английскую книгу.
1. Please, don’t make so much noise. Father (work) in the study.
2. Don’t disturb me. I (watch) a war movie.
3. You (taste) the cake?
4. The pupils (not, do) their exercises yet.
5. She (live) in Paris since she (be) born.
6. This time next month I (sit) on a beach.
7. In a few days time we (go) to London.
8. By next winter I (save) the necessary sum of money.
9. Shakespeare (write) a lot of plays.
10. I (not see) him for three years. I wonder where he is.
8. Перепишите предложения и вставьте подходящий модальный глагол ( must, can, had to, mustn’t), переведите предложения.
1. _______ you help me? – I am afraid not. 2. You _______ interrupt me when I am speaking. 3. You ________ send for the doctor. 4. I _________ finish the work yesterday, but I didn’t have enough time.
Дата добавления: 2015-10-19; просмотров: 710 | Нарушение авторских прав