What are some daily activities that you do at work?
I go to work at 8.45am every morning.
I usually drive to work.
I always check my emails when I get to work, but I don't always reply to them immediately.
I take a taxi or a train if I have a lunch meeting. I never take the bus because it is too slow.
When I am at my desk I usually work on the computer, even during morning tea.
At 1pm most days I have lunch.
At 3pm we have afternoon tea,and that is when we usually talk and eat cake.
When you are in the office you probably have a lot of papers. It is important for you to file your papers, and so that you can find them again you need to organise your files.
When I work I have to make telephone calls. If an important issue happens I ask my secretary to organise a meeting.
Once a month I report to my boss, but maybe you have to report to your boss more often. I usually write a document that my boss can read.
Write ten sentences daily routine in English.
Example: My daily routine:
My name is Adam. I always wake up at 7 oТclock in the morning then I wash my face and brush my teeth. After that, I do some exercises then I put my clothes on and prepare my school bag. Next, I have my breakfast and wait for the school bus. At 8 oТclock I go to school and start my first class then I go to the second class. After that, I often take my lunch break and talk with my friends. At around 12 noon I go back home and take a rest. Next, I usually watch some TV and chat with my family then I do my homework and help my mother in the house. At 9 oТclock I read a book and go to sleep.
- Then, next, after that
- And, or, because, so
- In, on, at, above, under
- Always, usually, often
- First, second, finally
B) Complete the following sentences.
1. No other boy is as ЕЕЕЕЕЕЕЕ. as James. (tall / taller / tallest)
2. Milk is ЕЕЕЕЕЕЕ.. than any other food. (nourishing / more nourishing / most nourishing)
3. Radium is one of the ЕЕЕЕЕЕЕЕЕ metals. (valuable / more valuable / most valuable)
4. Few English poets were as ЕЕЕЕЕЕЕЕ. as Wordsworth. (great / greater / greatest)
5. Shimla is ЕЕЕЕЕЕЕ.. than most other hill stations in India. (famous / more famous / most famous)
6. Gold is one of the ЕЕЕЕЕЕЕЕ. metals. (precious / more precious / most precious)
7. Solomon was ЕЕЕЕЕЕЕЕ than any other king. (wise / wiser / wisest)
8. Few historians write as ЕЕЕЕЕЕЕ.. as Macaulay. (well / better /best)
9. Very few books are as ЕЕЕЕЕЕЕЕ. as David Copperfield. (popular / more popular / most popular)
10. A train is ЕЕЕЕЕЕЕ. than a car. (fast / faster / fastest)
Module 1 Unit 8 LEISURE TIME.VACATIONS.
The Past Indefinite (Simple)
|”твердительна€ форма||¬опросительна€ форма||ќтрицательна€ форма|
|... + II||Did... + I?||... did not + I|
|I played. я играл.||Did I play? яиграл?||I did not (=didn't) play. я не играл.|
|He She It We You They||played||Did||he she it we you they||play?||He She It We You They||did not play =(didn't play)|
|Did you see him yesterday? - Yes, I did.||¬ы его видели вчера? - ƒа.|
|Did you hear the news? - No, I did not.||¬ы слышали новость? - Ќет.|
|When did you see her?||огда ты видел ее?|
|What did he say?||„то он сказал?|
ќтрицательна€ форма строитс€ так:
|I did not (didnТt) see him yesterday.||я не видел его вчера.|
|She did not (didnТt) know this.||ќна не знала этого.|
|yesterday вчера the other day надн€х onSunday в воскресенье in 1980 в 1980 году||lastweek на прошлой неделе anhourago час тому назад a month ago мес€цназад long ago давно ит.п.|
The verb ''to be'' in the Past Tense
|I/he/she/it was||I/he/she/it wasnТt (was not)||WasI/he/she/itЕ?|
|You/we/they were||You/we/they werenТt(were not)||Were you/we/theyЕ?|
A. Complete the sentences
E.g:I didn´t watch TV last night.
1. On Saturday I ____________ (play) computer games with my cousins.
2. My mum ____________ (not cook) dinner last night.
3. I ____________ (walk) to school because there weren´t any buses.
4. They ____________ (not dance) at the party.
5. My brother ____________ (travel) to Ireland last summer.
B. Write the past simple of these verbs
1. copy __________
2. revise __________
3. cycle __________
4. listen __________
5. practice __________
6. play __________
7. like __________
8. move __________
9. shout __________
C. Regular (R) or irregular (I) verbs?