Агроценоз пшеничного поля: Рассмотрим агроценоз пшеничного поля. Его растительность составляют...
Нейроглия (или проще глия, глиальные клетки): Структурная и функциональная единица нервной ткани и он состоит из тела...
Макетные упражнения: Макет выполняется в масштабе 1:50, 1:100, 1:200 на подрамнике...
Crimes in the USA
In the United States the causesof serious crimes are hotly debated, as elsewhere. Among them are unemployment, drug-abuse, poverty, inadequate police enforcement,ineffective courts, racial discrimination, television and “a general decline in middle-class values”.
Many communities have started their own campaigns against crime.
They encourage their citizens to participate in crime preventionprograms and to report crimes. Several civil rights groups actively support such “self-help” campaigns. In some neighborhoods, citizens participate in “neighborhood watch”programs and organize groups to patrol the streets.
Public opinion pollsshow that most Americans feel handgunsare responsible for the high murder rate. A majority of Americans, some 70 percent, favor laws banningthe private ownership of all handguns. At present, there are about 23,000 state and local gun laws and ordinances throughout the US. Some states only prohibitcarrying handguns. In others owners must register all handguns and have a license to carry them. In some communities people are not allowedto own any handguns.
Many Americans cite the Second Amendment to the Constitution:
“…the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”.
They say “Guns don’t kill, people do”.
Контрольная работа № 2
Упр.IПерепишите следующие предложения, раскрывая скобки. Переведите предложения письменно.
1. The suspect … just (has questioned / has been questioned) …by the police.
2. The magistrate … already (has committed / has been committed) … the case to the Crown court.
3. All the evidence (had collected / had been collected ) against the accused by the beginning of the trial.
4. The accused (has appealed / has been appealed) against the conviction and the severity of the sentence.
5. The defendant (has been presented / has presented) by a famous barrister.
6. The court … just (has been released / has released) … the accused.
7. The magistrate … just (has decided / has been decided) there is enough evidence to answer a case.
8. The jury … just (has been found / has found) the accused guilty.
Упр.IIЗаполните пропуски правильной видовременной формой глагола. Перепишите и переведите предложения.
1. Dangerous driving … in the 1. had tried
magistrates’ court this week.
2. The court … this offence on 2. will have been tried
indictment because it’s serious. 33
3. By Friday this case … 3. has been tried
4. When we came, the case of arson … 4. has tried
5. The court … the case by last May. 5. had been tried
6. The magistrate … these minor 6. will have tried
Упр.IIIПерепишите следующие предложения, определите в каждом из них видо-временную форму и залог глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) According to English law, people are innocent until they are proved guilty.
2) A burglar alarm has been installed in the apartment.
3) This event is being reported about in all newspapers.
4) A number of measures to strengthen the criminal justice system had already been taken by the beginning of the year
5) The convicted was taken to prison after his appeal had been rejected by the higher court.
6) He knew groundless charges were being made against him.
7) By Sunday the article will have been published in the newspaper.
8) The case was being prepared for the trial when the investigator was given some new material
Упр.IVСоставьте предложения по модели и переведите их
Model 1: I had to work very hard last week.
To meet a relative at the station yesterday, to make a report at the last seminar, to take three exams last week
Model 2: I am to come at the examination at 10 a.m.
To have an English class on Tuesday, to go to the library before classes, to translate two texts at home.
Model 3: You should be more attentive in class.
To help mother about the house, to work better, to sleep at least seven hours.
Упр. V.Перепишите предложения, переведите их на русский язык, помня о разных значениях глаголов to be, to have.
1) The preliminary survey is to acquaint the investigating officer with the entire scene and its important details.
2) She will have to come home earlier.
3) The value of physical evidence is based on the law of probabilities.
Упр. VIПереведите текст письменно:
Дата добавления: 2015-05-08; просмотров: 1062 | Нарушение авторских прав