Неличные формы глаголов
Задание 18.1. Переведите на русский.
1. The question is not very easy to answer.
2. They are too well-bred to forget about their manners.
3. They are too well-bred to have forgoten about their manners.
4. They are too well-bred to be spoken of like this.
5. He has a lot of work to do.
6. There is a lot of work to be done.
7. He is not stupid to say things like these.
8. He is not stupid to have said things like these.
9. He is not stupid to be expelled from colledge.
10. He is not stupid to have been expelled from colledge.
11. He is lucky to have travelled so much.
12. He seems to know all about European politics.
13. The girl pretended to be reading a book.
14. He seems to be looking for something.
15. It seems to have been raining since morning.
16. It is so wise of you to have come first and to have reserved.
Задание 18.2. Вставте чаcmицy to nеpeд инфинитивом, где необходимо.
1. I'd like ... dance. 2. She made me ... repeat my words several times. 3. I saw him ... enter the room. 4. She did not let her mother ... go away. 5. Do you like ... listen to good music? 6. Would you like ... listen to good music? 7. That funny scene made me ... laugh. 8. I like ... play the guitar. 9. Му brother сan ... speak French. 10. We had ... put on our overcoats because it was cold. 11. They wanted ... cross the river. 12. It is high time for you ... go to bed. 16. May I ... use your telephone? 14. The heard the girl ... cry out with joy. 15. I would rather ... stay at home today. 16. Не did not want ... play in the yard any more. 17. Would you like ... go to England? 18. You look tired. You had better ... go home. 19. I wanted ... speak to Nick, but could not ... find his telephone numbers. 20. It is time ... get up. 21. Let me ... help you with your homework. 22. I was planning ... do a lot of things yesterday. 20. I'd like ... speak to you. 24. I think I shall be able ... solve this problem. 25. What makes you ... think you are right? 26. I shall do all I cane ... help you. 27. I like dance.
Задание 18.3. Замените выделенные части предложений инфинитивными оборотами.
• E.g. The boy had many toys which he could play with. The boy had many toys to play with.
1. Here is something which will warm you cup. 2. Here is a new brush which you will clean your teeth with. 3. Here are some more facts which will prove that your theory is correct. 4. Here is something which you can rub on your hands. It will soften them. 5. Here are some screws with which you can fasten the shelves to the wall. 6. Here are some tablets which will relieve your headache. 7. Here are some articles which must be translated for tomorrow. 8. Who has a pen or a pencil to spare? I need something I could write with. 9. I have brought you a book which you can read now, but be sure and return it by Saturday. 11. Soon we found that there was another complicated problem that we were to consider. 11. The girl was quite young when both her parents died and she remained alone with two younger brothers whom she had to take care of. 12. I have no books which I can read. 13. Is there anybody who will help you with your spelling? 14. Don't forget that she has a baby which she must take care of. 15. Have you got nothing that you want to say on this subject? 16. There was nothing that he could do except go home. 17. I have only a few minutes in which I can explain these words to you. 18. I have an examination which I must take soon, so I can't go to the theatre with you. 19. King Lear decided to have a hundred knights who would serve him after he had divided up his kingdom.
Дата добавления: 2015-09-20; просмотров: 225 | Нарушение авторских прав