1. I like (to ask) other people for help.
2. I like (to ask) for help by other people.
3. These walls need (to paint ).
4. He entered without (to knock) at the door.
5. Your suggestion is worth (to pay attention to).
6. On (to tell) me the truth, he felt very relieved.
7. I remember (to be) here a long time ago.
8. We are strongly against (to treat) like this.
9. The professor insisted on the task (to fulfill) by the coming semmiar.
10. There is no (to prevent) it now.
11. We all appreciate your (to do) it all by yourself.
12. I prefer (to walk) home to (to drive).
13. I find the book worth (to read).
14. They kept on (to argue) for hours.
15. He mentioned (to see) her in the office last week.
16. I am sorry for (not to support) you at the last board meeting.
17. His suggestion of (to come) before everyone else to get the best seats was met well.
18. I am not used to (to do) this in public.
19. I am not used to this (to do) in public.
20. The idea of film (to be) in Paris excited her.
Задание 18.14. Употребите нужный предлог.
1. I regret … not having worked harder at the language as a boy.
2. He kept … arguing with me though I was silent.
3. He is accustomed … being treated like this.
4. Don`t be afraid … being treated like this.
5. You can`t prevent them … being together.
6. We have no difficulty … communicating our thoughts.
7. I am not used … being interrupted.
8. I have never been fond … accompanying my wife to the shops.
9. The teacher strongly objected … our missing the lessons.
10. He suggested … going to the mountains in summer.
11. He depended very much … his winning the scholarship.
12. I have never enjoyed people … singing at the parties.
13. My parents can`t afford … buying this house.
14. I think I can never succeed … passing my driving test.
15. Do you appreciate people … gossiping around?
16. I don`t fancy … wearing this dress at the party – it makes me look old.
17. I shall never forget … taking this exam.
18. He is punctual – you can rely … his coming in time.
Задание 18.15. Переведите нa русский язык, обращая внимание нa герундий.
1.She has always dreamt of living in a small house by the sea. 2. She disliked living in her old house. 3. She was thinking of buying a new one. 4. Now, she enjoys living in a beutiatiful new house. 5. She misses seeing the neighbours of course. 6. She enjoyed talking to them and didn't mind helping them usually. 7. She likes cooking and is very good at it. 8. Bout she doesn't like washing and ironing. 9. She hates getting up early, but she has to. 11. She doesn't mind working a lot, you know. 12. She enjoys driving an expensive car. 13. She has allays dreamt of travelling round the world. 14. Bout she hates flying and she's never been overseas. 15. She has risen to be head of the company in spite of being a woman in a man's world. 16. She loves meeting people because she can't bear being alone. 17. She loves talking to the press and appearing on PTV shows. 18. She enjoys being photographed because she thinks she's beautiful. 19. She hates being laughed at. 20. She likes being stared at because she thinks she's attractive. 21. She hates being ignored.
Дата добавления: 2015-09-20; просмотров: 143 | Нарушение авторских прав