I wonder who decides what sort of (animal) are kept in (zoo)? You expect to see a lot of (monkey), (rhino), and (lion), but you rarely see (ox), (sheep), (deer) or (goose), probably because these can be seen commonly enough in the wild. Each day large (delivery) of food arrive for the (beast) to eat. Not expensive items like (saimon) or (trout), but ordinary things like (potato) and (tomato) – although the (panda) like (bamboo).
I’m writing to complain about the terrible evening I had at your restaurant. We had reserved a table but when we arrived, there weren’t enough (chair) for us to sit on. Even though we’d checked beforehand, we were told that there were no (meal) especially for (child). We had to keep asking the waiter to bring us some (glass) and when he gave us our (knife) and (fork), they were dirty. We were informed that not all the (dish) were available that evening and, when we did receive our food, the (potato) were raw and the meat was so tough I nearly broke my (tooth) when I bit into it. However, that was nothing! The real horror was when I saw two (mouse) running across the floor. I think I’m entitled to some compensation as long as it doesn’t include free (meal) at your restaurant! I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely, M. Bennet
Прилагательные и наречия.
Задание 9.1. Образуйте сравнительную и превосходную степень от следующих прилагательных и наречий.
1. large, tall, long, easy, hot, big, cold, nice, bad, strong, short, wide, good, happy, high, low, busy, well,little, many, far.
2. Wonderful, necessary, quickly, Interesting, comfortable, popular, active, famous, pleasant, beautiful, slowly, clearly.
Задание 9.2. Раскройте скобки, употребив нужную степень прилагательного/наречия.
1. Winter is (cold) season of the year. 2. Moscow is (large) than St.Petersburg. 3. Which is (long) day of the year? 4. The Alps are (high) mountains in Europe. 5. Even (long) day has an end. 6. It is one of (important) questions of our conference. 7. Your English is (good) now.
8. Who knows him (well) than you? 9. We have (little) interest in this work than you. 10. Health is (good) than wealth. 11. Your son worked (well) of all. 12. Today you worked (slowly) than usually.
1. He is (amusing) person you’ve ever met.2. The (near) house is 15 miles away.
2. She is much (young) than your sister.
3. The (near) item on the programme is a piano concerto.
4. He seemed to be (angry) than I had expected.
5. She felt (bad) yesterday than two days before.
6. The first edition of this book was (good), the new one is even (good).
7. The voices of the singers were growing (faint) and (faint) as we walked away.
8. This problem is as (serious) as the others.
9. Your mother thinks you ought to be (respectful), she doesn’t approve of your behaviour.
10. Try on both costumes and see which is (becoming).
11. This task is not so (difficult) as the rest.
12. The (dim) light in the room grew even (dim).
13. The party was as (intresting) as I had expected.
1. Vienna is one of the (beautiful) cities of the world.
2. London is one of the (large) seaports in Europe.
3. New York is one of the (noisy) cities in the world.
4. Park Avenue in New York has the (large), (expensive) apartment houses.
5. Is New York (old) than Moscow?
6. San Marino is one of the (small) countries in the world.
7. Modern Paris is (big) than Paris of the past countries.
8. The (large) mountain chain, the Urals, separates Europe from Asia.
9. Moscow is the (big) city of Russia with the population of about nine million people.
10. The Volga runs into the Caspian Sea, which is in fact the (large) lake in the world.
11. The world’s (deep) lake (1,600 metres) is Lake Baikal.
12. The Kremlin is the (old) historical and architectural centre of Moscow.
1. Going by train is … than flying. (cheap)
2. In which museum is … diamond in the world? (big)
3. Who is … person in your class? (interesting)
4. I have to start work … than you do. (early)
5. This model is as … as the one offered by our competitors. (reliable)
6. Having no money is … problem he has at the moment. (bad)
7. My English is as … as his. (good)
8. He was … after the holiday than he was before. (tired)
9. She is … person I know. (inteligent)
10. He comes here … than I do. (often)
Задание 9.3. Выберите правильный вариант слова.
1. Helen West writes (well/good).
2. She can write (best/better) than Alex.
3. Your driving is (worse/worst) than mine.
4. Have you heard the (last/latest) news?
5. His (last/latest) words were: “The end.”
6. My flat is (smaller/smallest) than yours.
7. There are no shops here. The (nearer/nearest) one is two miles away.
8. Libson is (less/least) expensive than Moscow.
9. For me Tuesday is (more/most) convenient than Monday.
10. I think Venice is the (more/most) beautiful city in the world.
1. It is (correct/ correctly).
2. Spell the word (correct/ correctly).
3. You know it (well/ good).
4. Of course, it is (well, good).
5. It is (cold/ coldly) in the room.
6. Don’t look so (cold/coldly) at me.
7. I can do it (easy/ easily).
8. I always worry if you come home (late/ lately).
9. You are tired. You mustn’t work so (hard/ hardly).
10. She looks just (wonderful, wonderfully) in that new dress.
11.I can’t hear the actors (well, good) from the last row.
12.I think it a (real, realy) good play.
Задание 9.4. Ответьте на вопросы.
1. What is the largest city in the world?
2. What is the largest city in Europe?
3. What is the largest city in Russia?
4. What is the longest street in your town/city?
5. What is the most interesting place in your city?
6. What is the best season of the year?
7. What is the coldest season of the year?
8. What is the shortest month of the year?
9. Which holiday do you like best?
10. The summer holiday is the longest, isn’t it? Where are you going to spend your wintr/summer holiday?
11. What is the best thing to do to master your English?
12. Is it more difficult for you to read or to speak English?
What is the most difficult subject?
Дата добавления: 2015-09-20; просмотров: 336 | Нарушение авторских прав