Макетные упражнения: Макет выполняется в масштабе 1:50, 1:100, 1:200 на подрамнике...
IV. Перепишите и письменно переведите следующие сложные предложения, содержащие придаточные предложения условия
1. They would have lost out if they had kept their money in non-interest-bearing accounts or under the bed.
2. If technical progress and productivity increase, each generation will have a higher living standard than the previous generation.
3. If he had wanted to do it, I suppose it could have been done.
V. Прочитайте и переведите весь текст письменно. Дайте краткую аннотацию к тексту.
Inflation is a steady rise in the average price and wage level. The rise in wages being high enough to raise costs of production, prices grow further resulting in a higher rate of inflation and, finally, in an inflationary spiral. Periods when inflation rates are very large are referred to as1 hyperinflation.
The causes of inflation are rather complicated, and there is a number of theories explaining them. Monetarists, such as Milton Friedman, say that inflation is caused by too rapid increase in money supply and the corresponding excess demand for goods.
Therefore, monetarists consider due government control of money supply to be able to restrict inflation rates. They also believe the high rate of unemployment to be likely to restrain claims for higher wages. People having jobs accept the wages they are being paid, the inflationary spiral being kept under control. This situation also accounts for rather slow increase in aggregate demand.
On the other hand, Keynesians, that is, economists following the theory of John M. Keynes, suppose inflation to be due to processes occurring in money circulation. They say that low inflation and unemployment rates can be ensured by adopting a tight incomes policy.
VI. Переведите и ответьте на письмо по-английски.
Three weeks ago we reminded you of the outstanding balance in our favour of $3, 750. According to our records, you have yet settled the account.
Please give the matter your immediate attention and let us have your payment by 15 th March.
Very truly yours.
I. Перепишите и письменно переведите следующие предложения, принимая во внимание, что инфинитив в функции определения и особенно объектный и субъектный инфинитивные обороты большей частью соответствуют придаточным предложениям (см. образец выполнения 1).
1. I expect him to translate this interesting detective novel in a month.
2. The poem to be recited was written by Robert Burns.
3. July 4 is considered to be the National Holiday of the United States (Independence Day).
4. I want you to go to the library yourself and find what you need.
5. Seeing her enter the room everybody stood to greet her.
II. Перепишите и переведите следующие предложения, учитывая различия в переводе зависимого и независимого причастного оборота (см. образец выполнения 2).
1. Having solved many scientific and technical problems, our scientists, engineers and workers could launch the first spaceship.
2. There being no more problems the chairman closed the conference.
3. Governments thinking that tight monetary policies are desirable, these policies may mean higher unemployment and lower output.
4. She walked down the aisle, not changing her expression, and went to the tail of the plane and sat down there.
5. I kept silence for a little while, thinking of what Stroeve had told me.
III. Перепишите и письменно переведите следующие предложения, учитывая разные возможности передачи герундия и герундиальных оборотов на русский язык.
1. Combating the financial crisis is a complex task uniting efforts at the national and international levels.
2. I am proud of being a student of the University.
3. Reading English newspapers is a good way of learning new words and expressions.
4. We happened then to cross the street and the traffic prevented us from speaking.
5. I do apologise for not having changed, but I was terrified of being late.
Дата добавления: 2016-11-03; просмотров: 378 | Нарушение авторских прав