- Autumn has come. I like _____ beauty.
- I have got a relative in England. _____ aunt lives in Manchester.
- - Is this _____ tape-recorder? - No, they don't have a taperecorder.
- Put on _____ coat when you go out. It's very cold.
- We are going to invite all _____ friends to the party.
- They've got two children but I don't remember _____ names.
- Some women aren't happy with _____ looks.
- Thank you for _____ letter. It was good to hear from you again.
- John is a teacher but _____ sister is a nurse.
- I know Mr Watson but I don't know _____ wife.
III Choose the right word.
- Are these your/yours shoes?
- They know our/ours address but we don't know their/theirs.
- That's not my/mine umbrella. My/mine is yellow.
- Can we use your/yours telephone? Our/ours is out of order.
- I remember the house but I don't remember its/ his/it's number.
- Your/yours problem is my/mine problem.
- I told her my/mine life story and she told me her/hers.
- Is this camera your/yours?
- Are your/yours hands warm? Mine/my are quite cold.
- Is this money him/his or her/hers?
IV Fill in the blanks with appropriate possessive pronouns.
- This is _____ (I) bag but that one over there _____ (you).
- He has come to see me, _____ (I) father and _____ (he) are school friends.
- _____ (they) holiday starts the week after _____ (we).
- If you are a friend of _____ (he), then you are a friend of _____ (I).
- You can very well do without my help but not without _____ (their).
- _____ (Our) was the last turn.
- A friend of _____ (my) is coming to stay with me next week.
- We went on holiday with some friends of _____ (our).
- Whose luggage is this? – It’s _____ (our).
- It’s my fault. I’m very sorry. – No, the fault is _____ (their).
V Translate the sentences from Russian into English.
1. Можно мне воспользоваться вашим принтером?
2. Этот калькулятор наш, а тот их.
3. Мы с женой рады приветствовать вас.
4. Пожалуйста, помоги мне написать доклад для него.
5. Все ваши чемоданы в их машине. Возьмите их.
6. Ваше новое пальто очень красивое. – Правда?
7. Это редкая книга. Её стоимость очень высокая.
8. Он рассказал мне свою историю жизни (life story), а я свою.
9. Чьи это цветы? – Мои. Они для моей жены.
10.Не паркуй свою машину рядом с моей.
11.Это новая книга Д.Гришэма. Она очень интересная.
VI Fill in this/that/these/those.
- _____ gloves are of the best quality.
- _____ was ages ago!
- _____ whole business worries me.
- “I won the competition!” “_____'s great!”
- My friend is getting married _____ year on Valentine's Day.
- “What do you think of this pair of sunglasses?” “I prefer _____ ones over there.”
- “We're moving to a bigger house!” “Really? _____'s fantastic.”
- “I bought _____ socks today.” “What a lovely shade of green!”
- “Can you pass me _____ book on the shelf behind you please?”
- “What's wrong, Sally?” “Well, you won't like _____, but I've got to tell you!”
- “_____ boots hurt my feet.” “Maybe you should get another pair.”
- The prices _____ days are absolutely astronomical.