1.Я должен купить торт сегодня. 2.Мой брат не умеет говорить по-английски. 3.Моя сестра умеет говорить по-немецки. 4. Можно, я посмотрю вашу фотографию? 5. Вы можете показать мне свою фотографию?6. Не может быть, что ему сорок лет: он выглядит гораздо моложе. 7. Не может быть, что он забыл прийти. Он, должно быть, был очень занят. 8. Мы, может быть, поедем за город, если будет хорошая погода.9. Если сестра не купит мне кофе, мне придётся идти в магазин самой.10.Я не могу найти свои часы. – Может быть, вы оставили их на работе. – Нет, я не могла оставить их на работе: я никогда не снимаю их с руки.11. Вы сможете поговорить с ним завтра? 12.Я, должно быть, заблудилась. Вы не можете мне сказать, как пройти к Эрмитажу? 13. Мне пришлось прочесть массу книг, когда я готовилась к докладу.14.Я не мог вспомниь последние строчки сонета, и мне пришлось звонить своему другу.15. Ты не можешь смотреть телевизор до тех пор, пока не сделаешь домашнее задание. 16. Мы должны поддерживать контакт друг с другом. 17. Вам следовало бы послушать его и попытаться не беспокоиться об этом.
Задание 20.1. Переведите на русский язык.
1. If the weather is fine tomorrow, we’ll go to the country.
2. I’ll give you this videocassette if you return it next week.
3. They won’t return in time unless they harry.
4. If you interrupt again, you will have to go outside.
5. If I promise to give you the letter, will you come back?
6. “She won’t get better unless she calls a doctor.”
7. The whole matter will be forgotten if I manage to produse the letter.
8. If you see Dave tomorrow, tell him I’d like to have a word with him.
9. You won’t be forgiven unless you return the money you have taken.
10.What will he do if he doesn’t get their answer?
11.If they don’t come to our party, we’ll be upset.
12.If they want to come, there’s nothing we can do.
Задание 20.2. Придумай окончания для данных предложений.
1. He won’t come on time if …
2. They will pass their tests if …
3. Your eyes will get tired if …
4. The tourists will lose their way if …
5. You’ll catch cold if …
6. The team will lose the game if …
1. He’ll forget to lock the door unless …
2. He’ll fail his exam unless …
3. Ellen will gain weight unless …
4. We’ll have a party tomorrow unless …
5. She won’t accept our invitation unless …
6. Mother won’t notice anything unless …
1. If you don’t get a job …
2. If you read too much …
3. If you aren’t careful in the street …
4. If he forgets to warn them about the changes …
5. If I don’t have enough time to pack my things …
6. If she phones too late …
Задание 20.3. Составьте предложения.
1. They`ll understandit ringht … a. … if you don`t have a ticket.
2. Ben will post the letter … b. … if I get this job.
3. Maria will get some money … c. … if it is too cold.
4. I`ll buy a new car … d. … if you explaint it to them.
5. You can`t get in… e. … if she goes to the bank.
6. She`ll lose weight … f. … if you are going to the States.
7. I`ll have a word with Jane … g. … if you press it on him.
8. You`ll need a visa … h. … if she is at home.
9. I won`t object … i. … if you ask him.
10. They won`t go to school … j. … if she goes on with her diet.
11.Tony will answer the phone … k. … if he is at home.
12.He won`t take the money… i. … if you try and help me.
Задание 20.4. Переделайте употребляя условные предложения.
Образец: Say that again and we’ll quarrel. -
If you say that again, we’ll quarrel.
1. Go to the doctor and he will help you.
2. Take a taxi and we’ll be there in time.
3. Switch on the radio and you’ll hear the news.
4. Wait a minute and I will explain it to you.
5. Listen to me and you will understand everything.
6. Turn over the page and you’ll see that picture.
7. Come late once more and you’ll be fired.
8. Folow the instructions and you won’t get lest.
9. Buy all those things and you’ll have no money left.
10.Go along this street and you’ll see the bank on your left.
Образец:Wind up your watch, or else it will stop.-
If you don’t wind up your watch, it will stop.
1. Put that book back at once, or I’ll get angry.
2. Put on something warm, or else you’ll catch cold.
3. Tell me the truth, or else I’ll learn everything on my own.
4. Get up at once, or else you’ll be late.
5. Mind your spelling, or else you’ll never get good marks.
6. Say you are sorry, or else your mother will never forgive you.
7. Answer this letter, or he will take offence.
8. Take this job, or else you will have no more chancer.
9. Ring him up, or else you won’t get the instruction.
10.Read the map carefully, or else you’ll get lost.
Задание 20.5. Переведите на английский.
1.Он не выполнит это задание, если оно будет слишком сложным.
2.Если вы поможете мне, я переведу этот текст быстрее.
3.Завтра мы поедем за город, если только не будет дождя.
4.Если вы не будете больше заниматься, то вам будет трудно сдавать экзамены.
5.Что вы сделаете, если выиграете главный приз?
6.- Куда он поедет летом?
- В Италию, если у него будет достаточно денег.
7.Если вы возьмете такси, то успеете его встретить.
8.Если нас не будет дома, когда вы позвоните, то перезвоните попозже.
9.Не помогайте ему, если только он сам вас об этом не попросит.
10.Если вам не хватит денег, то придется подождать с покупкой телевизора.
11.Если он не сможет ничего объяснить, его ждут большие неприятности.
12.Брайан купит новую машину, если не потратит деньги на что-нибудь другое.
Задание 20.6. Переведите на русский язык.
1. If I knew his address, I`d write him.
2. If he had more spare time, he would help us.
3. If we received that letter tomorrow, we would answer immediately.
4. If he were here, he would answer your question.
5. If she was/were here, they would ask her a few questions.
6. If were you, I wouldn`t dare to argue.
7. He would certainly agree if he were in your place.
8. Phil would travel if he had more money.
9. If they didn`t want to go, they wouldn`t.
10. I`d go out if it weren`t snowing.
11. If she didn`t come to their party next week, they would be very angry.
12. What would you do if your house were broken into?
13. Ellen wouldn`t give me any money if I asked her.
14. Would you give me money if I asked you?
15. What would you do if you found somebody`s purse?
16. Unless they jffered more, I wouldn`t accept the job.
17. If he were offered a job in Chicago, he would have to move there.
Задание 20.7. Составьте условные предложения.
| 1. They would be disappointed…
2. Many people would be out of work…
3. I would be surprised…
4. What would happen…
5. I would be terribly upset…
6. She would understand everything…
7. I would take a job …
8. He wouldn’t get much money for his car…
9. What would you buy…
10. You’d feel better…
11. I wouldn’t argue…
12. Would you buy this flat…
10. He would be really angry…
11. I would be grateful…
12. I would listen to the elders’ advice …
16. What would you say…
|| a. … if I was/were offered it.
b. … if I lost his ring.
c. … if he sold it.
d. … if I took his car without asking.
e.… if we didn’t come to their party.
f. … if this factory closed down.
g. … if you overslept tomorrow?
h. … if he refused to lend you some money.
i. … if you helped me with this problem.
j. … if I were you.
k. … if you explained the situation to her.
l. … if you won a lot of money?
m. … if I wasn’t/weren’t absolutely sure I was right.
n. … if you were offered this job?
o. … if you stopped smoking.
p. … if you had enough money?
Задание 20.8. Преобразуйте следующие предложения в условные.
Образец: The weather isn’t warm today. We won’t go hiking. –
If the weather were / was warm today, we would go hiking.
1. We doesn’t know us weii. He won’t invite us.
2. We don’t like chicken. We won’t buy it.
3. I’m not cold. I won’t put on a sweater.
4. She doesn’t like ballet. She won’t go to the ballet house with us.
5. He doesn’t know mycousin. He won’t meet her at the station.
6. She doesn’t like coffe. She never buys it.
7. He doesn’t read English books in the original. He won’t Improve his English.
8. He doesn’t try to save money. He won’t Travel this summer.
9. I have no appetite. I won’t take more meat.
10. They are not here. I won’t talk to them.
11. It isn’t windy told. We won’t fly a kite.
12. Mary doesn’t earn much. She doesn’t buy anything new.
13. Jane hasn’t got a DVD-player. She doesn’t watch many films.
Образец: He knows the town very well. He often shows uisitors about it. – If he didn’t know so well, he wouldn’t show visitors about it.
1. Betty is fond of reading. She has so many books at home.
2. He lives near the University. It takes him ten minutes to get there.
3. He weather is nasty. We’ll stay indoors.
4. He earns a lot of money. He travels a lot.
5. Dan has got a dog. He knows a lot about dogs.
6.Bell has got a lot of free time. She watches TV three hours a day.
7. Chris lives far from his office. He gets up very early.
8. He is a really interesting person. I always enjoy talking to him.
9. This book is very useful. I want to buy it.
10.I like this film. I’ll bay the cassette.
11. I think the play will be interesting. I’ll go to the theatre.
12.The plant is going to close down. Many people will be out of work.
13. The road is repaired. It will take us less time to get home.
14. We are moving into a new flat. We won’t have to spend so much time on going to work.
Задание. 20.9. Закончите предложение, употребив свои варианты.
1. If the weather was / were bad …
2. If somebody stole my bag / purse…
3. If I were offered a good job…
4. If I had a brithday party…
5. If I were working in London…
6. If I were a publisher…
7. If I were a film-star…
8. If I had a pet…
9. If it were summer now…
10.If had more free time…
11.If he were younger…
1. I’d talk more politely to them if…
2. I’d go to the theatre if…
3. They would know English better if…
4. He would travel more if…
5. She would talk on the phone less if…
6. Chris would write letters to his parents if …
7. Alice would study better if…
8. I’d lend him money if…
9. I’d borrow money from him if…
10.He’d be offered a good job if…
Задание 20.10. Расскройте скобки, употребив правильную форму глагола.
1.If I (to have) enough money, I (to buy) this overcoat.
2.Larry (to write) them if he (to have) their addres.
3. If you (to travel) first class, it (to cost) over 650 000 rubles.
4. If you (to ask) Esther, she (to help) you.
5. If I (to stop off) in Boston, I (to stay) with my friends.
6.If you (to see) her now, yoy (not to recognize) her.
7.What you (to do) if you (to ask) to help us?
8.If I (to go) to doctor, he (to give) me a certificate?
9.If I ( to be) you, I( to choose) a differen topic.
10.What you (to do) if you (to be) in place?
1. How long it (to take) you to get to the University if you (to move) into this flat?
2. They (not to be pleased) if we (to come) without asking.
3. I (not to be surprised) if the money (to find) at his place.
4. If he (to ask) about this case, he (not to tell) anything. He is too frightened.
5. What (to happen) if there (to be) a serious nuclear accident?
6. If there (to be) a flood in this area, you (not to get) a penny in compensation.
7. If we (not to waste) so much energy, our resources to last) longer.
8. I (not to be) in this job unless I (to be) a doctor!
9. Unless we (to think) new research was necessary, we (not to spend) money on it.
10. Just imagine what the world (to be) like if we (not to have) electricity!
1. There (not to be) so many articles on astrology unless so many people (to be interested) in it.
2. If my car (to be stuck) in a traffic jam, I (to be) very angry.
3. I never (to hit) anybody unless they (to hit) me.
4. If you (to watch) TV, you (to choose) a western or a comedy.
5. You (not to get) this job unless you (to have) some qualifications.
6. You (to make) a scene if you (provoke)?
7. I (to refuse) to go unless the company (to pay) my expenses.
8. Who you (to ask) if you (not to know) now to do it?
9. I (to buy) this car if I (to be) richer.
10.No one (to buy) it it unless it (to have) a guarantee.
Задание 20.11. Переведите на английския язык.
1.Если бы у меня был словарь, я бы тратил меньше времени на переводы.
2.Мне нравяться эти часы. Если бы они были дешевле, я бы купил их.
3.Я уверен, что вы бы делали меньше ошибок, если лучшезнали грамматику.
4.Если бы решение этого вопроса зависило от меня, я бы помог вам.
5.Если бы Дэнни выехал завтра пораньше, тоон был бы в Нью-Йорке уже квечеру.
6.На вашем месте я бы неспорил.
7.Я бы не согласился на это предложение, если бы я был на месте Ларри.
8.Если бы он не тратил так много денег, ему не пришлось брать в долг.
9.Он не приезжал бы в этот город каждое лето, если бы ему там не нравилось.
10.Мне больше нравился бы здешний климат, если бы дождь не шел так часто.
11.На вашем месте я бы выбрал другую работу.
12.Что бы вы делали, если бы были на моем месте?
13.Если бы вы попросили их помочь, они бы не отказали вам.
Задание 20.12. Переведите на русский язык.
1.If he had put on a warm coat yesterday, he would not have caught cold.
2.If I had seen him yesterday, I’d have given him a piece of my mind.
3.If he had realised the danger, he would have run away.
4.Tony wouldn’t have been so depressed if he had known everything.
5.If George had gone to the party last night, he would’ve seen Bell there.
6.Unlass you had studied film history, you’d never have passed that test!
7.We wouldn’t have chosen this tour unless it had been escored. And we liked it a lot.
8.Would you have gone to Rio if you had known it was going to be so hot there?
9.Matthew wouldn’t have left the children alone for too long if it hadn’t been so necessary to see the doctor.
10.How much would you have spent on your holiday if you had gone first class instead of second?
11.If the mother hadn’t left the scissors on the floor, the kid wouldn’t have cut his finger.
Задание 20.13. Составьте предложения.
1.I’d have gone to see you…
2.The accident would have happened …
3. They would come to our party…
4. She would have bought that necklace…
5. We wouldn’t have become a teacher …
6. Tom would’ve been late for his interview …
7. He would’t have become a teacher …
8. No one would’ve bothered you …
9. I’d have sent you a postcard while I was on holiday …
10. He would’ve never asked you to dive him a lift …
a. …if I had known your addres.
b. …jf she had had enough money on her.
c. …if I had known that he was expecting my call.
d. …if I had known you were ill.
e. …if you had witnessed the crime?
f. …if she hadn’t been wearing a seat-belt.
g. …if you had checked everything before the departure.
h. ..if the driver in front hadn’t stopped so suddenly.
i. …if he had missed the train.
j. …if he had left some clues, but he didn’t!
Задание 20.14. Измените следующие предложения по образцу.
Образец: If it didn’t rain, we’d go for a walk. (yesterday). –
If it nadn’t rained yesterday, we’d have gone for a walk.
1. They would come if you invited them. (yesterday night)
2. If you weren’t so careless, you wouldn’t make such foolish mistakes. (then)
3. If they were present, we would discuss it with them. (last Monday)
4. If it were sunny, we’d go to the beach. (the day before)
5. If she were ready, she would take her exam. (last week)
6. If Gerry weren’t so busy, I’d ask him to help me. (in the morning)
7. If you had a spare ticket, I’d see the performance. (yesterday)
8. If I knew English better, I’d be working as an interpreter. (then)
9. If Phil practised more, he’d play the guitar better. (at the concert)
10. If I had time, I’d go shopping with you. (yesterday)
11. He would fill out that from if he didn’t forget about it. (at the airport)
Задание 20.15. Закончите следующие предложения.
1.If the students had practised harder…
2.If the form had been filled out correctly…
3.If someone had told us about the change earlier…
4.If they hadn’t left their money at home…
5.If he hadn’t lent Jim his money…
6.If he hadn’t got up so late…
7.If his wife hadn’t bought a new coat…
8.If the film hadn’t been so interesting…
9.If the problem hadn’t been urgent…
10.If I hadn’t passed my exam…
11.If she hadn’t reminded me about his birthday…
Задание 20.16. Раскройте скобки употребив третий тип условных предложений.
1.If he (to see) him waving, she (to wave) back.
2.The secretary (to send) the e-mail if the manager (to ask) her to do it.
3.I (not to be) late for work yesterday if I (not to have) an early night the day before yesterday.
4.We (to spend) more time in Edinburg if we (to know) more about the city when we were booking the tour.
5.If we (to stay) in Las Vegas longer,we (to lose) all our money.
6.If we (to take) our children with us,they (to love) it!
7.If I (to buy) the car earling,it (to cost) less than now.
8.I (to spend) less time on this work if I (to have) a btter dictionary.
9.If I (to know) that it was going to rain , I (to take) an umbrella.
10.I (not to take) that tour unless they (to provide) a guide.
11.If Jane (not to forget) to wind up her watch,she (not to be late) for the interview.
12.I (to phone) you yesterday if you (to be) in town.
13.I (not to catch) cold if I (to have) my coat on.
14.She (not to scold) me if I (to come) in time.
15.If he (to know) the exam would be so difficult, he never (to take) it.
Задание 20.17. Переведите на английский.
1.Если бы вы взяли такси, вы бы приехали на вокзал вовремя.
2.Если бы ваше предложение было получено на прошлой неделе, мы бы приняли его.
3.Эитого бы не случилось, если бы вы были там.
4.Если бы вы ришли пораньше , вы бы ещё застали моих родителей.
5.Если бы они не отказались помоч,мы бы вчера уже закончили работу.
6.Если бы вы читали книгу, то вы бы лучше поняли фильм.
7.Если бы задание не было бы таким сложным, студенты выполнили бы его гораздо быстрее.
8.Если бы я взял бы с сабой видеокамеру, то снял бы хороший фильм во ремя путешествия.
9.Если бы я был в городе, когда твой брат приезжал, я бы повидался с ним.
10.Алан не принял бы это предложение, если бы не нуждался в деньгах.
11.Лорейн не вышла бы за него замуж, если бы не была уверена в том, что это будет хороший брак.
12.Я бы не начал читать эту книгу, если бы мне её не порекомендавали.
13.Дэвид некогда бы не полступил в университет, если бы не занимался историй в школе.
14.Никто бы не заподозрил его в краже, если бы он уничтожил отпечатки пальцев (fingerprints).
Задание 20.18. Переведите на русский.
1.If it hadn’t been for his call, I wouldn’t have been late for work.
2.If it hadn’t been for her letter, we would never have learnt the truth.
3.If it were not for my headache, I’d be quite fine.
4.If it were not for your French classes, you wouldn’t speak French so fluently.
5.But for the fog we wouild have continued our way.
6.She would be considered beautiful but for her thin lips.
7.If it were not for my state, I’d be prefer to walk.
8.Nobody would say he is an American but for his accent.
9.If it hadn’t been for his naughtiness, he would be the best pupil in my class.
10. If it were not for my imagination, I wouldn’t get into trouble so often.
1. What would happen if I were not ready for the lesson?
2. If you asked him to come, he would arrive at once.
3. They would have called us already if they had returned from their holiday.
4. If the work was done on time, everybody should be happy.
5. I wish my friend were here.
6. The doctor suggested that he should exmime Vlad after he had taken his temperature.
7. It was necessary that they take all the precautions.
8. It was important that he saw a doctor.
9. He demanded that the patient should stay in bed.
10. I wish we had a rest.
11. He talks as though he knew all about it.
Задание 20.19. Раскройте скобки, употребив требующуюся форму глагола. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. If you (take) better care of youself, you wouldn`t have caught cold.
2. If I (be) you, I should take the recommended medicine.
3. If you had gone to see a doctor, he (give) you a sick leave.
4. You would gargle three times a day if you (have) a sore throat.
5. What might happen if he (be) ill?
6. You should have complained if you (feel) unwell.
7. If he (have) a headache, he would better (go) home.
8. We should ask him if he (be) here.
9. We should have asked them if they (be) there yesterday.
10. If I had known about his illness, I not (ask) him to come to our place.
11. If he hadn`t treated his disease lightly, he (have) complications.
12. We would write him a letter if we (know) his address.
Дата добавления: 2015-09-20; просмотров: 281 | Нарушение авторских прав